Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Power 106.9 Omaha Is Where It's At!

Sunday a friend of mine took me out to catch Dev & The Cataracs @ the Power 106.9 Power Backstage Underground.  Now let me tell you first that it was a blast! We showed up and grubbed on some hot wings and sandwiches until the group arrived and boy was that food awesome. DJ Hot Boy came out, cracked a few jokes with the fans and soon introduced the group... Before you know it Dev & The Cataracs are rocking out to their hit single "Bass Down Low" which was immediately followed by "Like a G6"... No this isn't Far East Movement, however Dev & The Cataracs do play a role in the music video.  Well after a quick set list of only two songs, it's time for the fans to have a meet and greet with the crew, as well as getting group pics!


Now the fun really starts....!

... So I was sitting at home today sitting on Facebook (just like the rest of the American teens out there) and was browsing Power 106.9's fan page and noticed a post by them that caught me by surprise. A fan posted "When are you giving out WWE tickets???".  DJ Hot Boy replied saying that he would be giving a chance between 3 and 7 pm and to stay tuned to find out more. Now don't get me wrong here, my WWE days are LONGGGG behind me however, I do have a younger brother that is now entering that phase of his life... So, being the most awesome, cool, spectacular brother that I am, I grab three cells phones and turn on the radio. The only thing to do now is wait... and that is what I did, for 2 long and excruciating hours until Hot Boy came on announcing that the 9th caller would be going home with a pair of tickets to Monday Night Raw this coming Monday. At that very instant I grabbed all three phones (I have rather large hands haha) and began calling... Busy tone after busy tone, but I wasn't about to give up. After about 30 calls total from all of my phones I finally caught a ringing sound coming from my phone! After a few rings the DJ gave me the classic who's this... blah blah blah (my excitement level was through the roof so I didn't really pay attention) and eventually told me that I was caller number 9!!!... It was all I had hoped for that day and man 'o' man was I pumped! I will forever and always be a devoted fan of Power 106.9 Omaha and of course Dev & The Cataracs (You can view their site Here!)

Here's also their latest single, "Top Of The World"
As always, Thank You for checking out my posts here @ Spike's Spot and keep checking back. Don't forget to tell your friends!

~SPIKE~

No comments:

Post a Comment